Issuance of the National Health Card - National services Card (TS-CNS)
The Health Card - National services Card (TS-CNS) is issued by the Revenue Agency, which produces and distributes them throughout the country. They are automatically sent to new-born babies, without the need to send any claim, after the Tax Identification Code has been assigned to the child by the Municipalities or by an office of the Revenue Agency.
In order to use it as a National services Card (CNS) you must go to an office in your region of residence which will provide you with an envelope containing your Personal Identification Number (PIN), thus allowing you to use it as a CNS.
Please note that the holder of the TS (Health card) can delegate a relative to obtain the PIN. In order to use the CNS as a means of authentication, you will need a smart card reader. However, you do not need a smartphone to use your CNS.
How to log in using your CNS
In order to use your CNS as a means of authentication to log in to the online services of the public administration, you must:
- have the relevant PIN/PUK codes. You can claim these at one of the authorised counters in your region of residence, making sure that you take your health card and valid identity document with you.;
- install a smart card reader (and the relevant drivers) on your computer. The reader must be compliant with the international PC/SC standard, ISO 7816-3 and CCID specifications. To download the smartcard reader drivers, please refer to the manufacturer's website;
- install the "driver" of the type of card you have on your workstation, making sure that it is compatible with the operating system. The drivers needed to use the cards currently circulating throughout the country are available at the link: List of drivers. Alternatively, you can install the drivers on your workstation using the Download Driver application (see the Download Driver Operation Guide).
- When you log in for the first time, make sure that you "register" the card to the TS System.
For more information, please see the Guide for Access with CNS.
On the sites of the Regions you can also find:
- an operating manual about the organisational and functional aspects of the CNS life cycle;
- a list of regional CNS activation counters;
- the minimum technical requirements needed to use the CNS;
- the CNS management software package and installation instructions;
- the user manual for the card.
For more information, please select your region:
- Friuli Venezia Giulia
- Autonomous Province of Bolzano
- Autonomous Province of Trento
- Valle d'Aosta