You are in

Artisans and traders. Refund of unduly-paid contributions

Publication: 18/01/2022

Artisans and traders may claim a reimbursement of contributions which were wrongly paid.

This is intended for artisans and traders who paid social security contributions that were not required.

The contribution paid to artisans and traders schemes, when not required, may be reimbursed to the insured person upon claim. In the event of fraud, the amount will not be refunded.

The insured person may view the amount within the Artisans and Traders Social Security Box online tool and may claim reimbursement without interest or indicate the amount of debt to be offset against the excess of contributions paid.

When can I claim?

The claim may be submitted at any time, and the success of the claim is left to INPS’ decision.

How can I claim?

The claim must be submitted to INPS online through the dedicated service, by accessing the Social Security Box where the item “Refund of unduly-paid contributions” must be selected.