You are in

The claim for a pension under the EU private dependent workers system

Publication: 04/04/2022

The INPS provides a series of useful information on how to submit the pension claim for EU workers who have also accrued insurance periods in Italy.

The pension claim can be submitted by EU workers who have accrued retirement periods in the following states:

  • in the 28 member countries of the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Hungary);
  • in the EEA States (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein);
  • in Switzerland.

Residents in Italy, registered with a pension fund for private dependent workers managed by INPS, who have also accrued insurance periods in other EU and / or EEA states (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) or in Switzerland, must submit to INPS claims for old-age, early retirement, invalidity, incapacity and survivors in the EU system.

The claim for pension payments can be made on-line to the INPS using the dedicated service.

Alternatively, claims can be made by:

  • Calling the contact centre on +39 803 164 (free from Italian landlines) or +39 06 164 164 from mobile phones;
  • On-line services offered by patronage institutes and intermediaries thereof.

Residents in an EU and / or EEA state (Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein) or in Switzerland, who have also completed insurance periods in Italy, must submit the pension claim in the EU system, as a rule, to the institution of the place of residence, which will forward it to INPS.

Further information is available in INPS circular No. 164 of 27 December 2011.

Lastly, we remind you that for the submission of pension claims, for information claims and for any other needs, interested parties may also contact patronage institutions, acknowledged by law, which are authorised to assist workers free of change in social security and welfare cases.