You are in
Care and Support Allowance (ACS) following tuberculosis disease
If due to having tuberculosis the earning capacity, in relation to one's behaviour, has been reduced to less than half and if a normal, full-time continuous payment is not received, a fixed amount charged to the INPS is acknowledged as a care and sustenance allowance.
The allowance can be claimed by the same parties who are entitled to the Daily Allowance (IG) namely:
- by insured persons who can claim at least one year of contribution that is 2 weekly contributions during the entire working life (Article 3, Law No. 419 of 6 August 1975). From 1 January 1999, the contribution required for compulsory tuberculosis insurance has been abolished; therefore the contribution requirement is considered satisfied if there are contributions payments in respect of the insurance against Invalidity, Old Age and Survivors (IVS);
- by some categories of civil servants;
- by some categories of pensioners and holders of annuities;
- by dependents of the insured even if they are not insured by INPS.
Start date and duration
The care and subsistence allowance runs:
- from the day following the end of the Post Sanatorium Allowance (IPS) if the claim is submitted within 90 days;
- from the day following the end of the previous Care and Support Allowance (ACS) if the claim is submitted within 90 days;
- from the first day of the month following the claim if it is submitted 90 days following the end of the IPS or the previous ACS.
The care and support allowance:
- is paid for 24 months following the end of the Post Sanatorium Allowance (IPS);
- is renewable every 24 months, without time limits, so long as the requirements continue to be met;
- is interrupted in the event of a new treatment cycle;
- restarts after a new cycle of care if the required requirements are still met.
What am I entitled to?
It is paid, in a fixed amount, established and updated annually by ministerial decree.
How can I claim?
The claim must be submitted within 90 days of the end of the IPS or the end of the previous ACS.
When can I claim?
The claim must be submitted on-line to the INPS based on the information contained in the INPS circular No. 45 of 27 March 2012 .
Alternatively, claims can be submitted by:
- Calling the contact centre on +39 803 164 (free from Italian landlines) or on +39 06 164 164 from mobile phones.
- This can also be done via online services offered by patronage institutes and intermediaries of INPS.