You are in
Certification of the withholding agent
The Certification of the withholding agent (Certificazione Unica) is a document with which the INPS confirms to pension holders or recipients of social security benefits, welfare or income support services, the remuneration that is due in the calendar year concerned.
The Certification of the withholding agent can be claimed by all citizens that have received employment and similar income, pension payments, self-employment income, income from commissions and other types of income from INPS.
For cases involving two or more payments made by the INPS a single certificate is compiled which certifies all of the aforementioned incomes with reference to the previous year.
Certification of the withholding agent is available on and before 16st March of each year for incomes received in the previous year and can be viewed and printed online on INPS site using the dedicated service accessing with own login details.
The INPS, to facilitate as much as possible the services at a distance, makes available to all users different alternative ways to acquire the CU 2021 (INPS Circular no.44 of 15 March 2021):
- the INPS Mobile app from smartphones or tablets, available for Android and Apple iOS devices;
- phoning the Contact centre on 803 164 (free from landlines) or (+39) 06 164 164 from mobile networks. The certification will be sent to the claimer’s residence;
- the toll-free number 800 434 320, both from fixed and mobile network, service with automatic transponder, to claim the Certification of the withholding agent that will be sent to the domicile of residence;
- certified e-mail after sending a claim to email@example.com accompanied by a copy of the claimer's ID. Certification of the withholding agent will be sent to the claimer’s certified mail box;
- from 30 March 2020 the service of claim for shipment to your home address of the CU at the address required for certification firstname.lastname@example.org for individuals with ordinary mail;
- for pensioners residing abroad the number (+39) 06 164164 (enabled to call from mobile network), service with operator active from Monday to Friday from 8 to 20 (Italian time) and Saturday from 8 to 14 (Italian time).
For citizens over 75 years of age who receive attendance allowance, special indemnities or communication allowance, a “Mobile Desk” has been implemented, through which the relevant communications can be made by phoning an operator at the appropriate regional office in order to claim that the Certification of the withholding agent be sent to the claimer’s home.
Certification of the withholding agent can also be claimed by a delegated person or by heirs of the deceased member. For the former case, in addition to the proxy authorising the INPS to issue the certification, copies of the IDs of the concerned party and the delegated person are required. A descendant, on the other hand, must submit a single substitute statement in the single substitute statement and a copy of his/her own ID.
The CUD (Certification of the withholding agent) and the Certification of the withholding agent from previous years can be viewed by citizens via the “Citizens’ Social Security Portal” service and are accessible via the internal “Forms” option on the online service.