You are in
New Social Security Allowance (New RA) of the Autonomous Province of Trento
From 1 May 2015 unemployed residents of the Autonomous Province of Trento (PAT) are entitled, upon claim, to receive the New Social Security Allowance (Nuovo Reddito di Attivazione - Nuovo RA).
INPS, following the stipulation of the agreement approved by presidential decision no. 87 of 24 June 2016, is in charge of disbursing the New RA on behalf of the Autonomous Province of Trento.
This convention will be effective until 31 December 2018, without prejudice to the possibility of extension.
This allowance can be integrated to ASDI (unemployment social allowance),if the applicant is eligible for both.
All unemployed residents of the Autonomous Province of Trento (PAT), that no longer receive unemployment allowance (NASpI) are eligible.
Start date and duration
The New RA is disbursed for a maximum period of six months starting from the day following the period of claim of NASpI.
What am I entitled to?
The daily amount of the New RA is equal to 75% of the last daily NASpI allowance collected, not including any Family allowances.
If the beneficiary of New RA meets also the ASDI-related requirements, the New RA is calculated as supplement to ASDI, up to 75% of the last collected daily NASpI benefit.
Withdrawal of benefit
The beneficiary of the New RA (New Social Security Allowance) loses the right to this allowance:
- in case of loss of unemployment status;
- if he/she meets the old age retirement, early retirement or social allowance requirements;
- in case of commencement of an employed, self-employed or sole proprietorship work activity, without submitting within 30 days the communications provided by articles 9, paragraphs 2, 3 and article 10, paragraph 1, respectively, of Legislative Decree no. 22 of 4 March 2015, unless the duration of the employment is less than six months;
- in case of acquisition of the right to ordinary invalidity allowance or invalidity pension, provided that the worker does not opt for the New RA;
- in case of loss of unemployment status due to work activity lasting more than six months, whose annual income exceeds the minimum income excluded from taxation (article 4, paragraph 1, inter-ministerial decree 29 October 2015 and article 9, paragraph 1, Legislative Decree no. 22/2015);
- if exceeding of the maximum value of the ISEE (Equivalent Economic Situation Indicator) threshold (€ 8,000) following the update by 31 January of the expired DSU (sworn affidavit) (article 2, paragraph 1, letter d) inter-ministerial decree of 29 October 2015);
- if exceeding the maximum value of the ISEE threshold (€ 8,000) following the ISEE re-calculation for re-Labour (article 4, paragraph 3, inter-ministerial decree of 29 October 2015);
- in case of failure to submit a new DSU (Single Substitute Statement), within 30 days of the claim, following the expiry of validity of the current ISEE (article 9, paragraph 7, decree of the President of the Council of Ministers no. 159 of 5 December 2013);
- if the due date of 31 January has passed and, after the suspension, the beneficiary failed to submit a new DSU, within 30 days of the claim;
- if beneficiaries exempt from submitting the tax return fail to communicate income from self-employed work and sole-proprietorship work activity by 31 March of the year following the reference year. In this case, the beneficiary is required to return the allowance collected from the starting date of the relevant work activity (article 4, paragraph 1, inter-ministerial decree 29 October 2015 and articles 9 and 10, Legislative Decree 22/2015);
- in case of violation of the cross-compliance rules referred to in Article 21, paragraphs 8 et seq., Legislative Decree 150/2015 and Article 6, paragraphs 2 and 3, last paragraph and paragraph 4, inter-ministerial decree of 29 October 2015, or in case of:
- failure to submit for the third time upon notification of the service to use the scheduled appointment set for the personal social assistance plan;
- failure to participate for the second time, without justified reason, in the orientation initiatives concerning the personal social assistance plan;
- failure to participate in active policy or activation initiatives, training or retraining;
- failure to accept a fair job offer, pursuant to article 25, Legislative Decree 150/2015.
To qualify for the benefit, the applicant must be resident in the territory of the Autonomous Province of Trento when applying for the New RA, and must meet the following requirements:
- be unemployed and to have signed the personal social assistance plan at the Employment Centre, pursuant to article 5, paragraph 4, inter-ministerial decree of 29 October 2015;
- to have benefited from NASpI for its maximum duration, as defined by article 5, Legislative Decree 22/2015 and to not have received early benefits;
- to be unemployed at the end of the period of claim of NASpI;
- to not have completed the requirements for retirement or early retirement for social allowance;
- to hold an ISEE certificate, currently valid, with an indicator value equal to or less than €8,000. In case of an allowance that arises temporarily between two years, in order to maintain the benefit, the ISEE must be updated by the end of January. If the DSU is not updated, the disbursement is suspended. If the conditions referred to in article 9, Presidential Decree 159/2013 are met for the purposes of the claim of the New RA, a current ISEE certificate can be used. If the amount of payments for NASpI purposes, collected before the claim for the New RA, included in whole or in part the income component of the ISEE, i.e. the current ISEE, this amount, divided by the value of the equivalence scale applied in the calculation of the ISEE is subtracted by INPS from the value of the same ISEE for the sole purpose of assessing that the applicant meets the requirements for the granting of the New RA;
- to have collected the New RA for no more than six months during the 12 months preceding the end of the period of claim of the NASpI, and, in any case, for no more than 24 months during the five-year period preceding the same term.
When can I claim?
The online claim for New RA includes also the ASDI claim and can be submitted within a conclusive time limit of 30 days, starting from the end of NASPI.
How can I claim?
The claim to INPS can be submitted on-line using the dedicated service.
Alternatively, the claim can be submitted:
- by phoning the Contact Centre at 803 164 (free from Italian landlines) or +06 164 164 from mobile phones;
- by electronic services offered by patronage institutes and intermediaries thereof.
The submission of the New RA claim form contains also the ASDI claim, therefore, all the information necessary to verify the requirements for the granting of the ASDI will have been met.
For further information or clarification, please refer to the INPS Circular no. 192 of 16 November 2018.